Me, Myself and My Beloved




It was wintertime when I first met her
She was tall and very slim
She was looking very gorgeous in her new fur
And slowly and slowly I fell into love

My friends admired my choice
But my relatives and family were against the relationship
I still remember those sweet voices
Gradually I got addicted of her love

Her features and attitude were remarkable
I can recall the warm fiery feelings, when I used to kiss her
Everyone marked her,
And she was in everyone’s eyes

I often forget my miseries in her company
When she cuddle me with her smoky appearance
But time has changed now
This harsh world did everything to separate us

I am lying on a deathbed because of a disease
Doctors named the disease ‘Cancer’
Everyone blamed my beloved at ease
And the countdown begin

I called my beloved in my last minute
She was very loyal; she helped me to feel good
I still remember people weeping at the side of my bed
Suddenly something happened and I found myself in clouds

I see down at my people
They were weeping as if I am dead
My beloved was lying on the floor
Very quite and calm

This harsh world pointed my beloved
And cursed her
A devil standing at the corner marked my beloved
And cruelly defamed her by calling her’ Cigarette’

Indeed that was all, the story of me, myself and my beloved
But still I am happy that I spend my last minutes with her
And in the language of this brutal world
‘That was my last Cigarette’

2 comments:

  Roamer

Sunday, March 05, 2006

waaoowww...touchy...dis poem reminds me of my old days!thoz passsssssssionate puffs..thoz lusty suckling of ciggi butts..presssing of butts...inserting it in ma lips...inhaling smokz from nose..it was mebbe better thn makin love to a real woman. ;) truly a beloved...but i divorced her boy!..better u too divorce her..
gr8 poem. anthEm fOr CLUB nIrVaNa SMOKERZ! ;)

  iDrifter

Saturday, March 11, 2006

This is indeed so true...
So tell me Azzi...did u quit?
Or...do u intend to live the poem to the very end? :)